As official outfitter of the French Mud Day runs we know that rolling around in the mud, diving into ice water and tackling unforgiving obstacles is even more fun with the right gear.
From rugged and fast drying training clothes to washable running shoes with maximum grip, we have the equipment you need to make it through your next mud run.
It’s been tested tough by mud guys & girls in the filthiest conditions.
- Wear synthetic training clothes that are fast drying and moisture-wicking
- Tight-fitting pants and tops reduce the chance of dragging extra grams of mud all along the race
- Take pants that can stand up on their own, unless you want to showcase your new underwear
- Wear cotton! It’ll soak water and mud, never dry and be stained forever
- Use baggy shorts or cargo pants with pockets that will definitely fill with mud.
- Choose loose-fitting clothes that will get stuck on obstacles
You’ll be lifting your feet up thousands of times on a mud run and there are various footwear options for muddy obstacle races.
Whether you go for lightweight sneakers with water draining abilities, or for tough waterproof running shoes, we recommend to lace them up well and to wear socks as they keep (at least some) of the sludge out.
Yet, nothing will protect you from being mud-caked from head-to-toe at the end of the day.